1. The evaporator is one of the four major components of the refrigeration unit, which is a heat exchanger. The working principle of the refrigeration unit is to use the evaporation method to evaporate (boil) the refrigerant, absorb the heat of the refrigerant, and achieve the purpose of refrigeration. The evaporator is the cold output device of the refrigeration unit. The evaporator is mainly composed of a heating chamber and an evaporation chamber. The heating chamber mainly provides the liquid with the heat required for evaporation, and promotes the boiling and vaporization of the liquid. The action can be separated from the steam.
2. The evaporator is a heat exchanger that allows the low-temperature liquid refrigerant to exchange heat with the medium that needs to be cooled.
3. The types of evaporators are: flooded evaporator, dry evaporator, circulating evaporator, spray evaporator.
Due to the different functions of the refrigeration units, the types of evaporators used are also different. Next, the industrial refrigeration system will take the commonly used flooded evaporators and dry evaporators as examples to describe their respective functions.
1. Flooded evaporator: its function is that when the refrigerant passes through the heat exchange tube, the refrigerant completely immerses the heat exchange tube, and will evaporate outside the heat exchange tube after absorbing heat. There are many pin-shaped holes on the outer surface of the heat exchange tube, and there are spiral threads on the inner surface of the tube, which will enhance the boiling outside the tube and the heat transfer in the tube. The advantage of the flooded evaporator is that the heat transfer coefficient is higher than that of the dry evaporator. The disadvantage is that the refrigerant charge is large, the cost is high, and oil will accumulate under the evaporator cylinder, so there must be reliable oil return measures.
2. Dry evaporator: Its function is that when the refrigerant passes through the heat exchange tube, the refrigerant will run outside the heat exchange tube. This type of heat exchanger has a relatively low heat transfer efficiency. Its advantages are that it is easy to return oil, and the control is relatively simple, and the charging amount of the refrigerant is about 1/2 to 1/3 of the charging amount of the flooded unit, which is more economical.
I believe that when you see this, you must have a certain understanding of the function and working principle of the evaporator. Next, I will tell you about the function and principle of the condenser, another component of the four major components of the refrigeration unit. I hope you can click Pay attention, if you don't understand, please send a private letter to cold exchange.